The best Valentine’s Day gifts and treats are totally the ones made by you. If you’re looking for last minute delicious ideas for that special one, we’re sharing the most simple 3 ingredient recipe for delicious homemade Valentine’s Chocolate Hearts.
3 Reasons to make your heart beat with these chocolates:
- Chocolate for heart health. Cacao is a heart superfood. It helps to relax you, relieve stress and lower blood pressure. In addition, studies have shown that flavonoids in cacao reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Boosts serotonin. Or another name for your happy hormone. Chocolate not only contains serotonin but it also boosts the body’s natural production, and the reason why we crave it in times of high stress.
- PEA = LOVE. Phenethylamine or PEA is a neurotransmitter produced in the body when we are in love and it’s also contained in small amounts in chocolate. No wonder why we associate Valentine’s day with chocolate.
Bottom line is CHOCOLATE = HAPPINESS 🙂 To read more on the health benefits of chocolate, check out Why Being A Chocoholic Is Actually Incredibly Healthy.
3 Ingredient Chocolate Hearts
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or raw honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract optional
- pinch sea salt optional
- *optional add ons: chopped nuts, seeds, goji berries, dried cherries/raspberries, shredded coconut, nut butter.
- Mix coconut oil, cacao powder and maple syrup really well.
Add optional boosters (nuts, seeds, dried berries etc.)
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the moulds.
- Leave in fridge/freezer for 1-2 hours to set (we prefer freezer).