Okay, so we will admit over here in The Naughty Kitchen, one of our guilty pleasures is looking at celebrity gossip magazines under the ‘Celebrity Diet’ section to see what our favourite fames are eating. It’s always so intriguing, when a Victoria Secret model needs to slim down how their diet consists of very little – and then some celebs seem to maintain this amazing lifestyle rather than a diet. They have fun with what they eat. Most of these celebs have famous nutritionists and chefs to back them up and create all the perfect plans for them to maintain healthy lives.
Well, we might not be celebrity Nutritionists over here (although we can aspire), but we do enjoy what we eat, we eat simple, cook simple and are here to tell you about our ‘Day in the Life.’
So what’s brewing in our Nutritionists Kitchen?
Jenni’s Day: New mom to a 6-month old busy baby
- Large glass of water with lemon; drink up while pumping.
- Organic Coffee with splash of Vanilla Almond Milk a necessity for my new mom needs.
- Bowl of organic oats with chia seeds and 2 poached egg; healthy fats, fiber and calorie dense which is great for my nursing needs.
- This always depends on what I have for dinner: heavy dinner = light lunch, and vice versa… and dinner always depends on how fiancé feels.
- Today, I have spent my lunch at a Vegan Café doing work, so on the menu is a Portobello and wild rice mushroom burger with cashew ‘cheese’, sautéed onions and a side of greens.
- I am in no way vegan, but I enjoy vegan food and know that a plant based lunch will offset my dinner that contains meat.
- Apple with peanut butter.
- Couple pieces of Dark Chocolate Bark.
- Or I will indulge in a home made peanut butter chocolate cup / cookie.
- Tonight is Jambalaya, a family favourite. Made with okra, chicken, hormone and antibiotic free sausage, tomatoes, celery, pepper and organic chicken stock.
- I make a small portion of white and brown rice, as my fiancée is not a fan of brown. Wild rice is also nice with this dinner. It is so easy to make and turns out so delicious, plus it’s always nice to have leftovers.
- Today I will have this dinner without rice, because my lunch had rice and my body doesn’t do well digesting too much grain.
After Dinner When Baby is Asleep
- Glass of Organic Wine while I do some more work… Because, sometimes you just have to.
Mimi’s Day: City Girl, Loves finding new healthy spots in Toronto
- Large glass of water with lemon and ginger; in a blender.
- Working from home, means a lot of days it’s straight from the bed to the laptop. That doesn’t work for me as I don’t get that energy boost. That is why 5 times per week (Mondays-Fridays) I head out to the gym and pump up my blood.
- I like to work out on an empty stomach because I feel light and energized, however this doesn’t work for everyone and you may need a light snack before your morning workout.
- Post workout Smoothie with banana, almond or peanut butter, flaxseeds, oats, cinnamon and Vega protein & greens.
Coffee time 11:30am
- My love for coffee has recently reignited and I am enjoying heading out to a local café and enjoying a cup of coffee while working on the latest Blog posts and programs. I aim for 1 cup of organic/fairtrade.
- Like Jenni, my lunch depends on what I have planned for dinner. I typically have a light lunch (soup or salad) and leave my bigger meal for dinner.
- As I am working in a café today, the choice is a Vegan Salad with kale, quinoa, sweet potatoes, beets, avocado, carrots and a balsamic vinaigrette.
- I am not vegan, however I do enjoy my plant based meals and a lot of my meals are vegan or vegetarian.
- Salmon is a staple in the house once or twice per week. Tonight we are having it with roasted brussel sprouts & potatoes. It’s one of the simplest, easiest and most delicious meals we enjoy.
My meal is accompanied by a glass of spritser (white wine, sparkling water, lime & lemon), a new summer favourite of mine…because sometimes you just have to enjoy the things you like and relax.
Evening Snack 8:30pm
I don’t typically snack after dinner, unless it’s a few squares of dark chocolate, however today I was testing a jam recipe and it has now cooled down… so I am enjoying a toast with homemade strawberry chia jam and peanut butter.
So that’s a day in our life…The best thing about all of it is that at the end of the day we don’t think to ourselves ‘Oh, I shouldn’t have eaten that’ or ‘I want that but I can’t have it’. We just do. Everything we end up choosing to eat is something we want to eat and enjoy eating. It’s an easy lifestyle to maintain.
What is a day in your life? We would love to hear about it. Let us know below.