Inside Scoop: This playful birthday cake banana nice cream recipe is fun, delicious and completely added sugar and dairy free.
Who doesn’t like birthday cake sprinkles?
It’s a childhood staple, a nostalgic moment, an exciting and playful food for kids to celebrate with, and they really bring the fun out.
Sad truth time- most conventional sprinkles are made with all sorts of ingredients, some of which are even known as carcinogens. Regular store bought sprinkles are created with food dyes, such as Red 40 (which is derived from petroleum or coal tar), yellow 5, and most are whipped up with soy, corn starch and artificial flavours.
Sure takes the fun out of sprinkles doesn’t it?
We were so excited when Manitoba Harvest sent us a package with all of these goodies, including naturally dyed sprinkles, wonderful oats, and of course the protein packed, buttery goodness of hemp seeds. The first thing that popped into our minds was… we need to birthday cake something.
That’s why we created this Birthday Cake Banana Nice Cream Recipe Topped With Larabar & Hemp Seeds.
This is an especially perfect treat if you are taking a break from added sugars, or you have kiddos in the house.
This perfectly simple way to have ice cream made of bananas, as well as peanut butter chunks of goodness, topped with sprinkles and hemp seeds. The weirdest, and most fun sugar free plant based dessert we’ve had in a long time that’s:
- High in minerals and electrolytes
- Contains healthy fats and plant based protein
- Doesn’t have any added sugars
- Is the perfect dessert for kiddos
Nice cream is great because you can dress it up anyway you want to as well. You can add strawberries, coconut, carob or dark chocolate chips, a dash of mint extract, and so many other delicious options. If you’re not really a Larabar kind of person, or are looking for your nice cream to be more ‘a la mode’ of something chewy and gooey, check out these Vegan Gluten-Free Double Dark Chocolate Brownies, this combo will blow you away!
If you’re wondering where you can find naturally dyed sprinkles, check out this link:
What’s your favourite way to have your nice cream?
Birthday Cake Banana Nice Cream Recipe
This playful birthday cake banana nice cream recipe is fun, delicious and completely added sugar and dairy free.
- 2 bananas frozen
- 3 Tbsp full fat coconut milk or more depending on how creamy you want it
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or ¼ tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 Larabar cut into chunks
- 1 Tbsp sprinkles
- ½ Tbsp hemp seeds
- Place bananas in a high-powered blender (we use Kitchen Aid 3 Speed Immersion Blander) and pulse the bananas until they are broken down into chunks.
- Add 1 Tbsp of coconut milk at a time until you get the consistency of soft serve ice cream.
Add vanilla and 1/2 Tbsp sprinkles and blend for an additional 30 seconds.
- Remove from blender, and place in a bowl.
- Cut up Larabar into small chunks and top your nice cream with hemp seeds, the remaining sprinkles and the Larabar.
* You can add larabar into the blender with the nice cream if you’d like to give the nice cream more chunks throughout.
*Nutrition facts table doesn't include Larabar, please find their nutrition facts on their label.