The scoop: Healthier version of your favourite Homemade Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs, with a crispy element, and no refined sugars.
Have you guys checked out our Salted Chocolate Nut Butter Cups yet? This is hands down one of our favourite recipes on the blog. A vegan, gluten-free, raw copycat of Reese’s peanut butter cups, but just made a tad healthier.
We’ve decided to do a mini re-vamp, just in time for the holidays and turn those nut butter cups into these Crispy Healthy Homemade Reese’s Peanut Butter Egg copycats.
Made literally the exact same way, except we added an element of crisp, and rolled them into egg sized peanut butter balls, and coated with chocolate!
Delicious and nutritious. These Homemade Reese’s Peanut Butter Egg copycats are:
- High in protein
- Low in sugar and contain no refined sugars.
- High in healthy fats, from coconut oil and nuts
- Easy to prep, easy to take on the go.
- A healthier alternative to the Reese’s Cups you know and love.
Test it out for yourself, and let us know what you think in the comments below. Or, if you’re looking for more delicious treats, check out this recipe for our Peanut Butter Coconut Chocolate Cookies (Vegan, gluten-free, Eat-More copycat), or our 10 Delicious Dark Chocolate Recipe roundup.
Crispy Homemade Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs
The perfect healthy alternative to one of your favourite holiday treats.
- 3/4 cup almond flour substitute oat flour for nut-free version
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter sunflower butter; wow butter also works for nut/seed free version
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup puffed brown rice or quinoa, optional if you want crunchy **
- 1 cup chocolate chips 70%+
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- salt sprinkle
- Mix the base in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Place in freezer while you prep the next step.
- Prepare chocolate topping by microwaving chocolate chips in 15 second intervals, stirring in between. Microwave until liquid then place coconut oil and stir.
- Line a plate with parchment paper.
- Remove peanut butter base from freezer and roll into about 1 Tbsp size egg shapes.
- Place egg on a fork and dip ball in into the chocolate sauce at 1 at a time and use a fork to remove/ shake off excess chocolate and place on parchment lined plate. When finished place in freezer for 2 hours to set.
these look scrumptious i know someone who would love these 😉
Thanks, friend! They’re really good.