Inside Scoop: Get your hands on this DIY Whipped Shea Butter recipe for shaving cream & moisturizer.
Have you ever used shea butter topically?
Shea butter has amazing healing capabilities, but using it topically can sometimes leave an oily residue that’s hard to remove from the skin.
That’s why we have done some testing (we love our jobs!) and have found that moisturizing in the shower and towel drying leaves the skin without that thick oily after effect and makes your skin feel freakin’ amazing – like the softest and silkiest it can be!
This amazing DIY Whipped Shea Butter can not only be used as a shower moisturizer, but it can also be used as a shave cream. Lather it on, shave, rinse and dry and marvel at just how soft your legs feel. No knicks, no razor bumps, just skin you’ll be happy to flaunt.
THIS DIY WHIPPED SHEA BUTTER MAKES THE PERFECT SKIN CLEANSER TOO
The cool thing about shea is that it is a super seed that is naturally rich in fat soluble vitamins that are used for increasing your body’s own natural collagen production. Not only are these fatty acids incredibly nourishing for the skin, but shea hosts some pretty cool properties.
Check out some fun facts about this DIY Whipped Shea Butter Recipe:
- Shea butter contains something called cinnamic acid, which is a plant compound that is anti-inflammatory, and contain anti-microbial activities.
- Jojoba oil also contains anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, antioxidant properties, and is hypo-allergenic, and one of our favourite reasons for adding jojoba to your skincare routine is that it is so similar to our own skin’s sebum production that it helps regulate the oils in our skin, creating balance.
- Essential oils, not only leave your skin smelling nice, but you can choose the ones that work best for your skin and completely individualize this DIY Whipped Shea Butter recipe. We like adding tea tree, lavender, or lemongrass.
Not only is this DIY Whipped Shea Butter recipe really easy to put together, but it is eco-friendly, completely natural (as in you know exactly what’s going into it, and on your body), and non-toxic.
It will leave you feeling refreshed, it’s soothing, nourishing and it’s going to make your skin feel amazing!
You can even add this DIY Whipped Shea Butter to this At Home Spa Day, which includes plenty of recipes and tips for bringing the spa to your home.
Download your At Home Spa Day here:
Shea Butter Shaving Cream & Moisturizer
- 1 cup shea butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp jojoba / almond oil
- 1 Tbsp castile soap Dr. Bronners
- 15 drops essential oil of choice we used peppermint (you can use vanilla, lavender, orange, cinnamon, lemongrass etc.)
- Combine shea butter, coconut oil, jojoba or almond oil until well combined in stand mixer, hand mixer or vigorously mix together yourself.
- Getting a whipped texture will usually take about 3-5 minutes, times do vary so just mix it to the consistency of your preference.
- Add soap and essential oil, mix for another 1-2 minutes.
- Store in a glass container and use as a shave gel or a shower body lotion. Rinse with warm water.
To use: Smooth a thick amount to skin in shower, shave as you normally would with soap or shaving cream. Rinse. Towel dry. (If you don’t want to use this as a shaving cream, smooth on skin after cleansing, rinse, towel dry.)
This mixture will get a little liquefied in a warm room like a bathroom (but don’t worry its still a wonderful recipe).
*Dr. Bronners castile soap can be found at a local health food store, in the health food department of your grocery store or ordered online.