Life gets busy, we get it! And, sometimes you don’t even have the time to prep smoothie packs or even get the blender out or maybe, you don’t even have a blender. Luckily someone thought of a brilliant idea to have your smoothie without the need for a blender, buying any produce and still have it ready in 30 seconds. Just perfect if you’re rushing out the door and still want to get some goodness in.
For our October Local Feature, we’re happy to be featuring Evive Smoothie. All you need is a few concentrated smoothie cubes, some nut milk, and a smoothie cup, simply add and shake and you have your on-the-go smoothie. The smoothies come in 3 flavours: Yogi (green smoothie with 10grams of protein), Touk-touk (with tropical mango and pineapple flavours), and The Warrior (with antioxidant-rich berries & beets). YUM!
Today, we’re sitting down with the Co-Founder, Claudia Poulin to tell us a little bit more about what inspired this quick, healthy & delicious idea.
“Fast food doesn’t have to mean junk food!”
1) Claudia, we’re very excited to be featuring your company Evive Smoothies on our blog this month. We know that the fast-paced lifestyle has made it harder and harder for people to find healthy options, could you tell us a little bit about what inspired you to create a healthy product that’s ready to consume in seconds?
I decided to create Evive with my boyfriend Dominic because I was drinking a complete smoothie every morning. It took me about 25 minutes every time to peal and cut my fruits, wash my veggies and greens, add protein, add some superfood and then blend it + wash the blender. Also, my roommates were a bit tired of the noise in the morning hihi. We realized that I wasn’t probably the only person to have this problem so we developed the first frozen smoothie cubes to make it easier and faster to eat well and have all our nutrients with one simple product: Evive!
I’m proud to say that it has been two years now since we have launched Evive smoothie and that we are now getting our mission to reality by making cooking and eating healthy accessible.
2) Our name says it all, at The Naughty Nutritionists we don’t like to place restrictions on eating, we rather focus on finding the healthiest version of the foods we love and creating balance in our lifestyles. And, that is why we enjoy desserts, chocolate and the occasional glass of wine without the guilt. At Evive, what would you say your motto is?
I often say: Fast food doesn’t have to mean junk food! 🙂
3) What is your favourite way to enjoy the smoothies, and which flavour do you enjoy the most?
I really do enjoy my smoothie in the morning at the office when I am too busy to have a breakfast at home or most of the time after my yoga or running session.
My favorite one is the Warrior and I looooove to add some cacao to make it a bit sweeter!
4) We love that you not only include fruits and veggies but healthy fats & fiber like chia seeds and protein in all your blends. How do you source your ingredients and where are all the smoothie packs made?
Our factory is based in Saint-Hyacinthe, Québec! We have 4 employees putting their heart and passion in every smoothie. We source all our organic ingredients with local producers when possible, but let’s say that there are no bananas or pineapple in Canada hehe. We also have created our own protein blend from different sources.
5) What is next for Evive? Are you planning to release additional flavours or any additional products?
We are currently in production for two new flavors! I can tell there is one green smoothie and one purple smoothie 🙂 Also, Evive is more than a brand it is a mission to make healthy eating accessible and to empower people’s wellbeing by adding some good nutrients in their routine. What’s next? Infinite possibilities!
6) Where can our readers buy your smoothie packs?
All our stores are online in our store locator sections here. You can find our smoothies in the frozen and organic sections of all the natural grocery stores and most of the common groceries such as Metro, Sobey’s, Loblaws, etc.