There is something wonderful about a soft and delicious loaf of banana bread, but simply put, we like to keep our baking simple. If you give us a recipe that we can use one bowl, 1 dish and bake, we will thank you, love you and come back for more. Seriously though, we’re busy!
That’s why we want to give you simplicity with this Quinoa Banana Bread, because we know you’re busy too. So we had a thought, let’s take this wonderful traditional banana loaf, put a healthy twist on it, and make it incredibly easy to make and bake, just right for any season, because healthy baked goods to have handy as a snack is perfection.
As a matter of fact, prepped right this quinoa banana bread can be a wonderful addition to your weekly menu, plus the addition of zucchini and quinoa in large batches really give you plenty of meal options. All you have to do is set aside 15 minutes to prep, oh and did we mention 1 bowl?
Hop on the Quinoa Banana Bread train to get in a snack that, not only balances blood sugars due to its high fiber and protein content, but is a much healthier version, yet just as tasty (if not tastier) version of the classic.
This delicious quinoa banana loaf of wonder is:
- High in protein & healthy fats
- A filling snack
- Low in refined sugar
- Contains fruit AND vegetables
Have you tried adding quinoa to your baking before? What was the outcome?
The Best Quinoa Banana Bread
- Preheat oven 350 F.
- *Make sure the zucchini has been placed on paper towel or in a towel and dried out before adding in or else it may end up too wet*
Place first 6 ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- In another bowl, mix eggs, vanilla, banana, zucchini, and coconut oil together.
- Make a well in the dry ingredient bowl and pour in your wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Fold in quinoa.
For one bowl option:
- Thoroughly mix the eggs, coconut oil, sugar, bananas together.
- Add in the zucchini and quinoa, then the rest of the ingredients, mix well.
- Spray or line a loaf pan with parchment paper and pour in batter.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until fork comes out clean.
If you don’t want to add zucchini, or don’t have it on hand, add 1 more banana. Swap spelt flour for sprouted whole wheat or buckwheat flour.