Inside Scoop: This quick and creamy Peanut Butter Oatmeal recipe will satisfy you for hours.
Oats are definitely one of our top superfoods! An all around winner that can be added to soups, stews, desserts, breads, can be used for a sweet breakfast bowl, or a savoury lunch. But when it comes to having oats as a breakfast option, the possibilities are endless.
Do you guys follow any Instagram accounts that showcase smoothie or oat bowls? Holy crap! We only wish to achieve that level of beauty with our oat bowls, but if we don’t, we need to let you in on a little secret. You don’t need your oat bowl to have a million + one elements, you can add simple ingredients and your oats will have a tendency to come to life.
Our warming Peanut Butter Oatmeal Recipe is rich in protein, fiber, heart-healthy fats and naturally sweetened with bananas. We promise that you will be hooked!
You’re going to want to dive into a bowl of this Peanut Butter Oatmeal recipe today, because:
- Oats contain both soluble and insoluble fiber, but they have the biggest proportion of soluble fiber than any other grain. This soluble fiber (beta-glucan) helps to lower bad LDL cholesterol, reducing your risk of heart disease and keeping your blood and heart healthy.
- Of their high fiber content, oats bulk up your stool and help you become more regular. This means less straining and smoother bowels in the morning.
- Oats are high in the amino acid tryptophan. This amino acid is needed to make serotonin, the “happy hormone”, so having a bowl of oats in the morning will have you cheering throughout the day.
If you are in need of some breakfast inspiration, it’s definitely time to cozy up with this peanut butter oatmeal recipe.
And if you want to add a little pep to your morning bowl, as well as nutrients, we love to top our bowl with Manitoba Harvest Hemp Seeds and fresh fruit. Here are some great topper options:
Frozen wild blueberries, frozen raspberries, hemp seeds, hemp heart toppers, chopped dates, chopped nuts/ seeds, cacao powder, dark chocolate chips, shredded coconut, cinnamon, apple and unsweetened dried fruits.
Looking for more breakfast oat recipe inspiration? Check out this 2 minute Chocolate Chai Overnight Oats recipe.
What’s your favourite oatmeal flavour combination? Leave a comment below, we would love to know!
Warm Peanut Butter Oats
- 1 cup rolled oats you can also use steel cut oats but then you would use about 1/2-3/4 cup
- 1 banana divided, 1/2 for each bowl
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp hemp seeds or flax seeds
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Water or non-dairy milk of choice quantity according to package instructions
- Toppings of choice: banana, strawberries, blueberries, pomegranate seeds, goji berries, nuts, chocolate covered nuts, chocolate chips.
- Cook oats according to package instructions with water or non-dairy milk.
- While the oats are cooking, roughly mash half banana in each bowl.
- Add 1 Tbsp of peanut butter (or more if you like) and 1 Tbsp of hemp or flaxseeds to each bowl and sprinkle some cinnamon.
- Once the oats are ready, add half to each bowl and mix everything together.
- Top with desired fruits, nuts and if you like a drizzle of raw honey.