Your Starbucks Pumpkin Spiced Latte…it’s good!
As a matter of fact, it’s DAMN good. It’s spicy, sweet, warming, filling, and just hits the spot when you are in need of a good pumpkin spice fix.
Oh man we used to LOVE it, but started to questions, what the heck is in that thing?
Milk, Pumpkin Spice Sauce [Sugar, Condensed Skim Milk, Pumpkin Puree, Contains 2% Or Less Of Fruit And Vegetable Juice For Color, Natural Flavors, Annatto, Salt, Potassium Sorbate], Brewed Espresso, Whipped Cream [Cream (Cream, Milk, Mono And Diglycerides, Carrageenan), Vanilla Syrup (Sugar, Water, Natural Flavors, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid)], Pumpkin Spice Topping [Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg, Clove, Sulfiting Agents].
We totally went there and copied their ingredient list. Not because we want to ruin your pumpkin spice latte, but because we love you and want to help you reach your weight loss goals by informing you about what’s out there. As damn delicious as the Buck’s latte’s are, they don’t do any favours when it comes to keeping things on the lighter side. Especially the sugar content, the Venti contains nearly 65 grams of sugar! Ahhh, that’s nearly 3x the RDA according to the AHA.
It’s okay! You don’t have to give up that amazing coffee pumpkin spiced taste. We have got your back! This Pumpkin Spiced Creamer blend is the perfect alternative to the sugar laced frappa bucks whatever they have going on over there.
You can ditch the bloat, the processed sugar, the emulsifiers and preservatives, and heavy cream and get on this vegan, low sugar, no refined sugar, omega 3 rich creamer.
Store it in your fridge, it should last nearly a week!
Pumpkin Spice Creamer
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice mix * see below or use 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1.5 Tbsp maple syrup or other liquid sweetener; can opt out of this if you want or add 1 drop stevia
- Pumpkin spice mix: 2 tsp cinnamon 2 tsp ground ginger, 1/2 tsp ground cloves, 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk to mix.
- Bring to boil, continuously whisk.
- Once boiled remove from heat.
- Transfer to glass container to cool.
- Shake before use.
- Store in the fridge for up to 7 days.