Inside Scoop: The most delicious grain and gluten-free Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs.
How did this even happen?
We started using nutritional yeast to roast veggies a little while ago, and it’s been undeniably delicious. As a matter of fact, nutritional yeast is our secret weapon and the best hack ever if you love baking fries or sweet potato fries (check out this amazing recipe for sweet potato fries which will pair perfectly with this chicken BTW). But something happened and we stumbled across the crispiest oven baked chicken thigh recipe that contains no grains and no breading but it still packed with flavour.
THE BEST RECIPE FOR CRISPY OVEN-BAKED CHICKEN THIGHS (NO BREADING REQUIRED)
Why didn’t we think of dousing almost everything we cook in nutritional yeast sooner?
Then Jenni stumbled across a method for crispy baked chicken wings on the interweb that involved using baking powder!!!??? WHATTTT.
We’re not too sure what it was about the baking powder that made the chicken crisp up as if it was fried, but it worked. It worked so well that the meat and potatoes loving husband asks for it constantly.
So, we thought hey, wonder what nutritional yeast + baking powder would do to a healthier version of crispy baked chicken thighs?
There’s something about nutritional yeast that adds a huge flavour element (but in a healthy way). It’s nutty, flavourful, tasty, almost cheesy and when you add it to recipes it elevates whatever it is you’re cooking.
This grain-free chicken thigh recipe has been cooked 100x over and it’s always a no fail. Even if it’s over-cooked, it’s still a no fail, the chicken just gets crispier.
Grain-free Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Recipe benefits:
- Grain and gluten-free
- Minimal ingredients and incredibly simple to cook
- Contains healthy fats
- Something you can make a large batch of and freeze for later cooking days
As mentioned above, this recipe pairs perfectly with our Sweet Potato Fries and Simple Kale Salad. Simple, affordable and an incredibly healthy dinner awaits you, and it tasted just like a night out at KFC, but you get to eat oven baked crispy chicken thigh
If you’ve tried this dinner, comment below and let us know what you think!
Crispy Un-Fried Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
This recipe for Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs (gluten-free/ grain-free) is an amazing healthy alternative that taste just like KFC! Simple prep, minimal ingredients, and an ingredient that will shock you.
- Pre-heat oven 400 F.
- Take the chicken thighs and pat dry with paper towel.
- Mix all seasoning (minus baking powder).
- Toss chicken in baking powder in a large bowl.
- Then toss chicken in the remaining seasoning.
- Add oil, toss again to fully coat chicken.
- Spray a rack and place on top of a foil lined baking tray (make sure your oven has enough space to place the tray in it).
- Place the chicken on the sprayed rack.
- Place in oven and bake 30-40 min or until chicken is fully cooked at 165 F.
- Remove from oven and serve with salad and fries.