This recipe was submitted by Bonnie Wisener, Registered Holistic Nutritionist with a special interest in the relationship between digestion and autoimmune disorders.
Inside Scoop: Check out these Paleo Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies, packed with all kinds of goodness.
You know what’s weird?
We haven’t had a chocolate chip cookie recipe up on our website until now. So weird, because we love cookies, and obviously love chocolate chips, and definitely love chocolate chip cookies.
Things have changed people, this recipe for Paleo Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies will actually blow you away.
Not because they’re delicious (they are, but that’s not why), and not because they are vegan, gluten-free, paleo and an incredibly healthy dessert recipe. No no, they will blow you away by how simple the ingredient list is, how little sugar there is, and by HOW DELICIOUS they end up turning out.
These Paleo Coconut Cookies are made with almond flour, coconut, coconut oil and vegan chocolate chips, they are the perfect snack for when you really really want cookies, but also want to keep it a bit healthy, and you’ll definitely want to go back for more.
They have a delicious coconut flavour, but use our favourite cookie flour (almond flour of course, it’s so nutty and sweet) and blend perfectly with the chocolate chip explosion. We’re seriously hooked on these cookies.
Not only are they amaze-balls, but they have some pretty awesome nutrition benefits as well:
- Almond flour is high in fiber, healthy fats and vitamin E
- They only contain 2 Tbsp of maple syrup, making them a very low sugar treat (opt- out of the chocolate chips if you want less sugar)
- Made with coconut oil, known to increase the HDL (happy) cholesterol in the body
- High in healthy fats, protein and fiber, making it a wonderful blood sugar balancing snack attack
Have you whipped up a batch of these cookies yet? Let us know in the comments below.
Also, if you’re digging our cookie game, check out some of the other delicious cookie recipes we have on our site, like these Peanut Butter Coconut & Chocolate Eat More Cookies.
Paleo Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla.
- In a separate, larger bowl, mix almond flour, salt and baking soda.
- Pour coconut oil mixture into flour mix and stir to combine.
- Mix in cacao nibs/chocolate chips and coconut flakes.
- Drop tablespoon sized cookies onto pan. Place in oven.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until a little crispy. ENJOY!
Bonnie Wisener is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist who enjoys working with clients to discover the optimal way that they can nourish themselves to maintain or foster optimal wellness. She has a special interest in the relationship between digestion and autoimmune disorders.
She believes that ‘knowledge is power’ and where changes to eating patterns are concerned, her guiding principle is that if people understand why they might do certain things differently to achieve a desired outcome, their success is more closely within reach.
She runs a popular program called the ShiftShape 10 DAY ONLINE CLEANSE. It is an educational coaching program that provides daily guidance and is designed to help others understand the impact of making positive food and lifestyle choices to their health. Check out Bonnie's website at www.bonniewisener.com and find her on Facebook, Instagram or email at [email protected].