This recipe was submitted by Natasha Elizabeth, Registered Holistic Nutritional Consultant for the everyday busy mom.
Inside Scoop: Tasty, one bowl Almond Granola Bars.
The sheer power behind the simplicity of these almond granola bars is astounding.
You’d think that there would be so many elements to a granola bar, but in reality it’s just a handful of whole food ingredients, mixed with a natural sweetener, some almond butter, and baked to create the perfect balancing and energizing snack. You can take them with you, stash in the freezer, or leave at home to nibble on or have as a sweet balancing treat at the end of your day.
Our favourite thing about these almond granola bars is that they contain no artificial additives or flavours, and way less sugar than a traditional packaged or store bought granola bar.
Almonds are known as the king of nuts due to their abundance of nutritional benefits. They contain higher amounts of calcium and fiber compared to most other nuts, and are so easy to incorporate as a snack or in meals. They have high amounts of potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, folic acid and protein.
We love throwing almonds and almond butter into our granola bars (and pretty much everything else), but the benefits of these bars are more than just the nutritional benefits of almonds.
This healthy granola bar recipe contains:
- Oats, which are high in fiber and are amazing for digestive and heart health
- Seeds, which also contain healthy fats- great for your brain and metabolism
- Low in refined sugar
- Contain anti-inflammatory omega-3
- High in protein & fiber, which help stabilize blood sugars.
If you’re whipping up a batch of these almond granola bars, reserve some of your almonds for this delicious Naturally Sweetened Almond Milk recipe.
What’s your favourite granola bar ingredient?
Tasty Almond Granola Bars
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease 8×8 baking dish with coconut oil.
- Add all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix together.
- In separate bowl, add all wet ingredients and mix.
- Poor wet into dry and mix together.
- Poor mixture into baking dish and press down firmly.
- Bake for about 20 mins or until edges turn a bit brown.
- Drizzle top with extra pure maple syrup.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Can also place in fridge for cooling.
I’m Natasha, from health2happyness.com. I’m a Registered Holistic Nutritional Consultant for the everyday busy mom who is looking to lose weight, rid her anxiety, and gain the self-confidence she needs to feel vibrant in her own skin.