Inside Scoop: The easiest and most delicious superfood pancakes that can be made by simply adding water.
Double chocolate 2 ingredient superfood pancakes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert… is definitely where it’s at!
Especially with a pancake mix that removes the hassle of trying to figure out the right ratio of flour to milk to baking powder or even adding eggs, butter and sugar.
We’ve recently got our hands on a healthy superfood pancake mix called Flourish that knocks those conventional pre-made pancake mixes out of the water (literally). We do love easy meals, but packaged convenience foods really need to be paired with healthy ingredients for us to consider that purchase (especially for busy back-to-school days with the kids).
Unfortunately, most of the options out there for instant pancakes contain refined and bleached flours, soybean oil, corn starch, artificial colors and flavours, and various types of sugar including white sugar, dextrose and glucose solids.
“A recent study by the University of Montreal linked a diet high in ultra-processed foods with a higher incidence of chronic disease as well as obesity, diabetes and high blood pressure.”
So, when we got our hands on Flourish, a superfood protein pancake mix that’s made with minimally processed ingredients, lots of love and flavour, we were so stoked!
Did we mention that this superfood pancake mix is also free of added sugars, there’s no need to add eggs, and they use ground flaxseeds to act as a binding agent, nutritional boost, source of dietary fiber, plant-based omega 3s, and antioxidants!
WHAT MAKES SUPERFOOD PANCAKES?
Flourish pancakes are on a mission to improve eating habits by transforming indulgent foods you crave to fit your healthy lifestyle.
Sound familiar? That’s why we love this brand so much. We don’t believe in restricting yourself, but rather enjoying healthier versions of the foods you love.
The Flourish superfood protein pancakes are made with non-GMO, whole wheat flour along with whey protein isolate, ground flaxseeds, organic vanilla powder, ethically sourced cacao and a teeny-tiny amount of organic erythritol (a sugar alcohol that doesn’t spike blood sugar levels or insulin).
1 delicious serving of Flourish provides you with:
- 24 grams of protein
- 8 grams of fiber
- 0 grams of added sugar
- 35% of your RDA for calcium & iron
- 15% of your RDA for B6
And, these high-protein superfood pancakes come in 4 delicious flavours including the classic buttermilk, vanilla, chocolate, and birthday cake which your kids will absolutely love.
Of course, we had to experiment with the chocolate flavour, and obviously do what we do best and stuff the chocolate pancakes with MORE chocolate. This gives us a double dose of mouth-watering, chocolate infused superfood pancakes that take literally minutes to make (and taste like cake!).
2-Minute Double Chocolate Pancakes
Stuffing pancakes with chocolate sounds like it would take a lot of time, but it’s pretty much as simple as this:
1) Mix Flourish with water and set aside
2) Melt chocolate chips in microwave, or double boiler
3) Heat skillet, add oil and put a dollop of pancake mix, followed by 1-2 tsp chocolate sauce, and then cover the pancake mix with more mix – wait a few minutes until bubbly, then flip!
But, we get that you may want to make it even simpler. So, instead of stuffing the pancakes, all you need to do is either add the whole chocolate chips to the mix or drizzle the chocolate sauce on top in place of maple syrup.
They are also just as delicious without the extra chocolate and by just adding water to the mix.
Either way, convenience food made healthy and dressing it all up with chocolate is what we are all about!
2-Ingredient Double Chocolate Superfood Pancakes
- Mix the flourish chocolate mix with the water and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler, or in the microwave in 30 second intervals.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan over medium.
- When ready, add a small amount of oil to the pan to coat it.
- Take a cookie scoop or a Tablespoon and add 1-2 Tbsp of pancake mix to the pan.
- Immediately add 1-2 tsp of chocolate to the middle of the pancake, then quickly add another Tbsp of pancake mix on top of the chocolate to cover it (this is done so the chocolate doesn’t burn when you flip it)*.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes (until the batter bubbles), then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat until mixture is gone.
*Note: You can also opt out of the chocolate stuffing and simply add chocolate chips, or a drizzle on top of the pancakes when ready.