Inside Scoop: These Gluten-free Corn and Zucchini Fritters are simple to make, and loaded with all kinds of delicious ingredients.
Happy Canada day! And you better believe we are bringing something awesome to the party.
No, we don’t plan on spending our entire weekend sipping on smoothies, and eating salads. Believe it or not, enjoying ourselves with vino, chicken wings, and ALL THE DIPS during BBQ ‘holidays’, makes us incredibly happy and we don’t want to give it up. We are definitely fans of enjoying life, enjoying food, and enjoying a good party, and not having the word ‘diet’ lingering in the back of our minds, ever!
But, who’s to say that just because we enjoy burgers and fries during an awesome backyard party, doesn’t mean we can’t show up with healthy, delicious sides.
We are all about seasonal foods, and one of our fav’s is beginning to be ready for cultivating. Ode to the zucchini! You’re versatile, you can be added to basically anything (even hide it in desserts), you are fresh, green and you are awesome sauce- especially in sauce!
So, since it was in abundance at the market, we decided to buy basically all of it, therefore, we have been packing it in everything lately. An awesome way to make sure you use all your zucchini up, and it doesn’t go to waste is to grate a whack load of it, it kind of forces you to use it up. Grating a large quantity of zucchini makes it easy to apply it to meals/ baked good etc., and we ended up grating a bunch for some chocolate muffins, and had about 2-3 cups leftover and thought… what else can we use grated zucchini for?
These Gluten-free Corn And Zucchini Fritters! Yup, yes, yes please!
Veggie fritters are awesome, and from personal experience, babies and kids love them too! So corn, zucchini, red pepper, these gluten-free corn and zucchini fritters turned out to be pretty simple, and amazing, and we want to share them with you just in time for your backyard BBQ shin dig.
Oh yeah, and who would we be if we didn’t give you the low down of what zucchini is good for from a nutritional standpoint. High in minerals and B complex vitamins, making them amazing for energy production and metabolism, which help assist in weight loss, win win!
These Gluten-free Corn And Zucchini Fritters are:
- Loaded with veggies
- Easy to make
- Contain gluten-free flour/ chickpea flour, which can be high in protein
- A delicious dinner alternative
They also contain options for a couple sneaky healthy swaps, because we like to leave all options on the table, of course. Since we love a good healthy swap, we thought you might too. Download your Healthy Food Swap Fridge List here:
If you’re looking for another delicious zucchini recipe to add your zucchini overload to (besides a massive batch of these gluten-free corn and zucchini fritters), you’re going to absolutely love this Healthy Quinoa Banana Bread recipe.
What else do you love to add zucchini to? Let us know in the comments below.
Smoky & Sweet Corn Zucchini Fritters
- 2 zucchinis large; grated, towel dried*
- 3/4 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 2 eggs or flax eggs for vegan version** see below
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour or flour of choice, oat or spelt would work nice
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs * can get gluten free
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4-1/2 tsp smoked paprika depends on how much smoke flavour you like
- 1/2 tsp raw honey
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese optional
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1-2 Tbsp avocado oil
Smoky Honey Yogurt:
- 1/2 cup full fat Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt for vegan version
- 1 Tbsp smoky BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp raw honey
For the fritters:
- Heat a frying pan over medium with your oil.
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, very thoroughly.
- When frying pan is hot take a spoonful of mixture and drop it on the pan.
- Cook each side for about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place on paper towel lined plate.
For the yogurt dip:
- Mix everything together thoroughly.
- Season accordingly if you want it sweeter or smokier, just add slowly to the mix.
*After you have grated your zucchini, make sure you place on a paper towel or in a dish towel to squeeze out excess water. If you skip this step it will be very hard for the fritters to form nicely when cooked.
** Vegan flax eggs, combine 6 Tbsp of ground flax with 2 Tbsp of water, whisk together and let stand for apx. 15 minutes before adding to mixture.