Inside Scoop: Add this Sweet & Spicy Vinaigrette Salad Dressing to any salads you want to bring to life.
We’re simple folk. We love a good balsamic vinegar + oil drizzled on our salad dressing, and hey, sometimes we even go out and buy salad dressing that are pretty damn healthy (even though you’ll hear most nutritionists say, make your own!)
Our fav? These Primal Kitchen Salad Dressing blends… soo good!
And, this is why you don’t see a lot of salad dressing options on our site (right meow).
We’re sorry, and we’re totally going to change this for you… because we’ve been playing around with dressings and have been KILLING it lately with simple vinaigrette dressings that are easy to make from scratch (not to toot our own horn, but then again we’re totally tooting it).
This dressing has been our ‘as of late’ and we’ve been putting it on everything. It’s sweet, it has a hint of heat, it’s light, but at the same time adds depth and flavour, it has minimal ingredients, and is easy to whip up.
Looking for more simple recipes? Download your FREE 5 Ingredient Mini Cookbook here:
The Sweet And Spicy Vinaigrette Salad Dressing will change the way you ‘salad’!
This dressing is:
- Loaded with healthy fats
- Low in sugar
- Contains Vitamin C from the lemons (oh, and if you add about ½ Tbsp of zest to the mix, you get the benefits of limonene, which is found in the rind- and, a much zestier flavour)
- Is simple and healthy
Check it out, we recommend adding it to our Chili Lemon Shrimp Salad, or the Simple Kale Salad, which you can find on our blog.
Keeping it simple with easy to put together dressings is just one of our many simple healthy living strategies, just like keeping it simple with recipes that contain minimal ingredients. This easy-peasy 5 Ingredient Mini Cookbook + 5 Day Challenge will help you see just how simple healthy eating can be. For 5 days we challenge you to cook 1 recipe with only 5 ingredients. Check out our awesome sauce challenge, upon signing up you will receive:
- A free mini 5 Ingredient Cookbook
- A challenge guide
- Instant access to our private FB community, where other challenge goers post their yummy creations and progress.
We would absolutely love for you to join us, sign up for the challenge today, and all you have to do is sign up here:
We would also love for you to share your thoughts on ‘sweet with heat’ dressings?
Sweet And Spicy Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar of choice
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 Tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Add everything to a sealable container (we use glass jars) and shake vigorously until thoroughly mixed. Drizzle on salad and toss to coat.