Inside Scoop: This Vegan Mint Chocolate Mousse is easily made in your blender, takes 1 minute to prep and is so rich and velvety you don’t need a lot to be satisfied.
Winter is DEFINITELY coming #GOT!
Christmas, and all things jingle bells, parties, and festivities will be everywhere before you know it.
Fall is a mere blink between the warm summer and the brisk winter, and we’re definitely all about that #pumpkinspice (like these Pumpkin Spiced Chia Pudding Jars), but we’re not going to lie, we’re really thinking hard about all of those Christmas recipes that we’re going to be whipping up this year.
Take a nudge pumpkin spice, it’s time for chocolate mint, chai, and eggnog…. Are we right, or are we right?
DIVE INTO THIS 3 INGREDIENT MINT CHOCOLATE MOUSSE RECIPE FOR ALL OF YOUR HOLIDAY FUZZIES
We are hooked on mint chocolate flavour, who isn’t really? We get so wrapped up in all of these fancy pumpkin spice, chai and gingerbread that sometimes we forget about the classic taste of after eight, or fresh mint and cacao. Chocolate mint is one of our favourite, so who would we be if we didn’t offer up a delicious Vegan Mint Chocolate Mousse recipe that’s incredibly simple to make?
What we love the most about this delicious minty chocolate mousse recipe is that you can literally throw it all into a blender, pour it into glasses and let it sit overnight, it’s just that simple!
Check out our Youtube video to see how simple it is to create:
KICK OFF YOUR HOLIDAY FESTIVITIES
We’re also starting to get on top of our Christmas party recipes, and there’s nothing quite like a deep, rich mint chocolate mousse to kick off the holiday festivities.
A classic chocolate mousse is made with egg yolks, sugar, and heavy cream, and although it may taste friggin’ amazing, let us tell you that whipping up our healthier alternative minty chocolate mousse will taste just as ‘friggin’ amazing, without all that extra refined sugar and heavy cream.
This mint chocolate mousse is made completely dairy and refined-sugar free, and it uses full-fat coconut milk, which contains something called MCT (medium chain triglycerides) that have been shown to increase energy expenditure (and create sustained energy throughout the day), improve cholesterol, and all in all help burn fat. Full-fat coconut milk also contains essential minerals that are useful in maintaining healthy electrolyte balance. Coconuts contain protein, and if that isn’t enough, they have also been shown to help improve digestion and relieve constipation. Woah, we would say they definitely have one up on dairy!
If you’re not really into the taste of coconut, don’t you dare worry! The flavours in this mint chocolate mousse mask the rich coconut taste.
You’re really just left with pure chocolate minty bliss.
This recipe is:
- Rich and creamy
- Loaded with chocolate flavour
- A much healthier alternative
- High in healthy fats
- Refined sugar and dairy-free
A healthy holiday recipe for the win! Just one of 25 healthy holiday recipes that we’ve neatly packaged up into this amazing Ultimate Healthy Holiday Cookbook. With plenty of classic recipes like stuffing and gravy, and healthy holiday tips to keep you stress and mess free throughout the holidays (oh yeah, and keeping you healthy too). Download your cookbook here:
Make sure you check out more of our delicious healthy holiday chocolate recipes while you’r here, like this 5 Ingredient Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter Fudge, which also uses coconut milk and natural ingredients to bring you a rich and healthy fudge recipe that takes minutes to prep.
Don’t forget to use #naughtynutrition if you happen to whip up this delicious recipe during the holidays!
Vegan Minty Chocolate Mousse
Top with coconut whipped cream and crushed up candy cane or after eight, this dessert will surely blow your guests away.
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1.5 cups dark chocolate chips or chocolate chunks; 70%+, dairy free
- 1 tsp peppermint extract pure or 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- Garnish: mint leaves candy cane chunks, chocolate shavings and/or coconut whipped cream
- Melt the chocolate in microwave on medium-high for 15 second intervals until smooth and runny (be careful not to burn).
- Place chocolate, coconut milk and peppermint extract/ mint leaves in a high powered blender for a minute (until there are lots of bubbles in the mixture).
- You can also hand mix or this with a whisk or a stand mixer-very vigorously for 2-3 minutes until lots of bubbles appear.
- Place in desired containers (we use ramekins) and store in fridge for 4 hours or overnight. This will set in the fridge, you will know because it won’t slosh around in the container.
- Mini mason jars are great for individually portioning out the mousse, but you can also scoop it into bowls when you are ready to serve.
Garnish: mint leaves (candy cane chunks, chocolate shavings and/or coconut whipped cream) Mini mason jars are great for individually portioning out the mousse, but you can also scoop it into bowls when you are ready to serve.