Vegan Gluten-Free Mushroom Gravy
This healthy vegan mushroom gravy is completely plant-based, full of flavour, creamy, delicious and the perfect healthy pairing for your roasts or potatoes.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Calories 199 kcal
- 2 cups vegetable broth organic
- 2 Tbsp tamari
- 3 cups mushroom of choice; we use a mix of Portobello & Cremini
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp oat flour or rice flour*
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil reserved for sautéing mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp sage dried
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- 1/2 tsp rosemary optional; nice if using for roast
- Salt and pepper to season
Heat large skillet over medium and add 1 Tbsp of oil, add garlic and mushroom and cook until soft.
Add remaining oil and oat flour and cook for 30 seconds until there’s a paste- like consistency in the pan.
Add the broth, seasoning and tamari, and cook down about 15 minutes, until you get the desired gravy consistency you want. Stir frequently.
If you cook for too long and the gravy gets too thick, you can always add more broth.
If you cook for too long and the gravy gets too thick, you can always add more broth. * Make sure the oat flour is very finely ground or else it will leave chunks of oats in the gravy. You want a smooth consistency.