These healthy sugar free energy bites are the perfect snack. High in fibrer, plant based protein, healthy fats and are completely gluten-free.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Calories 115 kcal
- 1/3 cup almonds raw
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds, raw
- 4 medjool dates pitted and chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp coconut shredded
- 1 Tbsp flax ground
- 1-2 Tbsp water *see notes
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp cranberries unsweetened and dried *optional
- 2 Tbsp cacao nibs raw
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Add ins: nut butters, hemp seeds/ chia seeds, dark chocolate chips
In a food processor combine the first 7 ingredients and pulse until well combined. The mixture should easily stick together.
In a small bowl combine remaining 3 ingredients.
Using yor hands, add the blended mixture to the dry ingredients in the small bowl.
Form into small balls and put in the freezer for 15 minutes until they are set.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 bite-size balls that are best stored in the fridge.
If you have regular pitted dates, we recommend using 1/3 of a cup.
* Slowly add water 1 Tbsp at a time until you get desired consistency.
Sometimes we like to add in 1/4 cup of oats or a couple tablespoons of oat flour.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 115 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g5%
Vitamin A 20IU0%
Vitamin C 0.5mg1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.