Zucchini Bread Breakfast Cookies
Make ahead and you can literally run out the door with a breakfast cookie in the morning.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Calories 238 kcal
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 banana medium
- 1 free range egg or flax egg*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.25 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup zucchini shredded; dried in a towel to remove excess water
- 2 Tbsp flax seeds or chia seeds
- 1/4 cup add ins: dark choc chips or chunks; coconut, goji berries
Preheat oven 350F.
Mix the first 5 ingredients (nut butter, sweetener, banana, egg, vanilla extract) in a bowl vigorously so it makes a creamy buttery texture.
Add in the next 5 ingredients (oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt) and mix.
Fold in zucchini and chia or flax seeds, mix.
Then fold in add ins.
Form into balls and then press them down, so they are flat like the picture. You can make small or large sized cookies depending on your preference.
Spread the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake 15-18 minutes.
*To make a flax egg mix 1 Tbsp milled flaxseeds with 3 Tbsp water, whisk and let it sit for 15 minutes in the fridge to thicken.